Auto insurance comes in handy to protect you and your car when the unthinkable happens. So, purchasing auto insurance should be a no-brainer as its benefits outweigh the risk of not having one. Whether you are in a brand-new car or an old one, an accident can happen at any time, and if you are liable, you are deemed to pay for all the expenses. For this reason, most states require that you carry a minimum car insurance coverage.
In Indiana, for example, all car owners are required by law to have an auto insurance policy. Blevins Insurance Agency of Lafayette, IN has prepared what you need to know about Indiana auto insurance.
State-required auto insurance in Indiana
The following coverages should be part of your Indiana auto insurance policy. They include:
- Bodily injury liability: Pays cost-related injuries to another person if you are at fault for an accident.
- Property damage liability: Pays damages that you cause to another person’s property.
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury: If you are hit by an uninsured, this policy can pay for medical bills.
- Uninsured property damage: If an uninsured motorist hits your car or property, the coverage can pay for the costs involved.
While adhering to the state minimums is superb, you need to consider other auto insurance options for better protection. Optional car insurance coverages include:
- Comprehensive coverage: It covers your car from non-collision perils like theft, vandalism, and hail.
- Collision coverage: If your vehicle hits an object or collides with another car, this policy pays for damages or replacement of the car.
- Medical coverage: The coverage pays for medical costs of injuries sustained during an accident for you or your passengers.
- Roadside assistance: Provides services like towing, gas delivery, puncture repair, and other roadside repairs when your car stalls away from home.
Ready for your auto insurance? Get in touch with Blevins Insurance Agency for an affordable quote. Better yet, you can visit our Lafayette, IN offices to speak to one of our agents.