Recreational Insurance in Indiana
Recreational insurance is great to have because it gives you the freedom to enjoy the waters or the road without having to worry about not having adequate protection if you were to be involved in an accident. We can help cover you along the way here at Blevins Insurance Agency Inc in Lafayette, IN.
Requirements for Recreational Insurance
There are different requirements when it comes to watercraft, but Indiana requires all drivers who own motorcycles, and RVs to obtain at least liability insurance. It is not mandatory to insure your watercraft, but there are marinas that may require coverage in order to access their facilities. In regard to ATV, and UTVs, you can only operate these vehicles with the consent of the property owner and not on public streets.
You can choose from the following coverage options to protect your RV, motorcycle, and all watercraft:
- Property damage and bodily injury liability- This will help protect you and cover any legal fees if someone were to sue you. It also covers property damage.
- Collision- Collision helps cover your expenses for repairs.
- Comprehensive- Comprehensive is designed to keep your investment protected against all physical damage resulting from falling objects, hail, wind, lightning, and even theft.
- Uninsured/underinsured- If you are involved in an accident with a driver who is uninsured or underinsured and at fault, this policy will protect you.
- Navigational area- For all watercraft, jet skis, wave runners, and boats, this policy is important to have. It allows you to know exactly where you are covered in the water. Most policies as such will cover you up to 75 miles from the coastline in the U.S.
- Agreed value coverage-All watercraft go through the depreciation phase just like cars, and motorcycles. This policy would protect you if you experience a total loss of your boat.
To obtain a quote, visit our Blevins Insurance Agency Inc website today. You may also give us a call. We are located in Lafayette, IN.